Saturday, November 17, 2012

Step Four: Motivation

We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves



Do I have any reservations about working this step?  What are they? I suppose this will show me just how honest I really am to myself.  I'm witnessing liars that are so good at it they believe themselves.  I would do anything to make sure that I never put myself in that compromised position ever again, especially if it involves either of my children.

What are some of the benefits that could come from making a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself? No more blind spots.  I will expose every flaw within myself and rigorously examine how it benefits me or hinders me.  I'm ready to see what kind of failure or success I might be.

Why shouldn't I procrastinate about working this step? The longer I run away from it, the worse it is going to be.  I have wonderful people in my life that are willing to go to almost any length to help me, and I'll be damned if I squander it again.

What are the benefits of not procrastinating? rip a band-aid off, don't squelch it. It will hurt less that way.

I'm almost impatient in preforming this inventory.  Even if it hurts, even if I have to trace back every wrong to its source.  I'll bleed for this, but it's time for the bad-toxic-juju to hit the curb, and hard.

You take but cannot be given, you ride but cannot be ridden
~Ghost


No comments:

Post a Comment