Saturday, December 1, 2012

Step Four: The Inventory

We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves



Assets

What qualities do I have that I like?  That others like?  That work well for me? I refuse to be average in any respect.  I push my creativity to its limits to be a unique, well-wisened woman.

How have I shown concern for myself and others? Lately, a little.  It's one of those things that I'm working on.

Which spiritual principles am I practicing in my life?  How has doing so changed my life? An it harm none, do as ye will.  Doing harm to myself is just as bad as harming others.  Drugs were always harming in some way or another.  I am trying to purge myself of my addiction so recovery can take its place.

How has my faith and trust in a Higher Power grown? Now that I have defined it, it is easier to relate and bond with this Godself.  Her input is a valuable asset in my daily living, not just recovery.

What is my relationship with my sponsor based on?  How do I see that positive experience translating into other relationships? Elaine and I are a pair based on experience and a helping of trust.  I love her input and the way she can relate to similar troubles that I am facing right now.  She's been in the program for a long time, strung with several relapses.  I don't think anyone has ever stopped their first try.  It's strengthening.

What goals have I accomplished?  Do I have other goals I am taking action to reach?  What are they, and what action am I taking? Hey, 30 days is commendable for my addicted ass.  I want to publish my novel, I want to be a good mother and I want to share what I have with someone special (here's to you, Zircon).  In my own place by April.  I'm trying my best to be patient.

What are my values? Which ones am I committed to living by and how? AN IT HARM NONE, DO AS YE WILL. nuff said.

How am I showing my gratitude for recovery? By being there for newbies, because I'm not exactly seasoned, I do know what it's like to crave, relapse and pick myself up again.

Thought he had it all before they called his bluff, found out that his skin just wasn't thick enough, wanted to go back to how it was before, thought he lost everything, then he lost a whole lot more

~G

No comments:

Post a Comment