Friday, December 7, 2012

Step Five: Admitted to the Goddess

We admitted to the Goddess, ourselves and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs



How will I include the Goddess in my fifth step? perhaps I can get some advice from a woman named Camilla that Elaine is taking me to see on monday.  She is Wiccan and has a lot of clean time under her belt.  Perhaps going over my inventory within a circle would be appropriate.  Or even just lighting a candle to acknowledge Her presence would suffice.  She already knows everything there is to know about me because she is a part of me.  However it needs to be addressed aloud and in detail in order to gain the full benefit in order to reap the fruits of my labors in order to stay clean.

How is my third step decision reaffirmed by working the fifth step? Well I've admitted that the Goddess or my Godself is the Higher Power of my choice.  It knows better than anyone my merits and flaws and how to change it in a direct manner.  If I hadn't turned my will over to Her Will, then I don't think I would have gotten this far in recovery. 

Being a Pagan in a sea of Christians is difficult, as the program is open, but a little more streamlined to  Judeo-Christian thought.  It is still possible however, that I can follow a program with small tweaks and changes to make it more Wicca friendly.  Namely saying "Goddess" instead of "God," just to mix things up a little bit. 

You will never, never, never, never, never, never get to me in here...
~Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment